JBS USA LEAD VACCINATOR - BREEDER DEPT in Arcadia, Wisconsin
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
Assists in training and motivating team members to achieve maximum quality and productivity performance levels.
Assists with scheduling of staffing, materials and equipment to most effectively and efficiently utilize departmental resources to achieve Pilgrim’s and OSHA standards.
Vaccinates pullets according to schedule and establish SOP’s.
Assists in loading & unloading pullets when moved to breeder barns.
Draws and labels blood samples to be used for flock monitoring as well as maintain accurate associated records.
Weigh pullets and breeders accurately, when necessary, and records weights to determine flock uniformity.
Coordinates weekly schedules for pullets and breeders with Field Vaccinator II.
Provides back-up duties as a CDL driver for pullet moving and hauling of equipment, including forklift operation.
Monitors department to ensure company policies and procedures are followed to maintain Pilgrim's standards.
Other duties as assigned.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
Trains others with the skills and knowledge gained from position.
Observes all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies. Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, co-workers, and leadership teams.
Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization.
Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma.
Follow all company animal welfare guidelines.
Other duties as directed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
· Working knowledge of vaccinating procedures and vaccinating equipment.
· Working ability to organize daily schedules and follow instructions.
· Working ability to coordinate weekly schedule to minimize travel time between barns.
· Working knowledge of driving and traffic rules.
· Considerable ability to work under dusty adverse conditions.
· PPC forklift license or ability to obtain license within 30 days.
· CDL is not required, but strongly preferred.
· Knowledge of supervisory management practices and principles.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, percentages, and decimals.
· Excellent communication and organizational skills