JBS USA LINE 3 OPERATOR- NIGHTS in Arcadia, Wisconsin
POSITION SUMMARY: The Production Operator position is responsible for monitoring equipment performance and making adjustments and changeovers. Set-up and close down of machines in area assigned is also required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: (Other duties may be assigned)
Monitors equipment, making adjustments to ensure quality and productivity standards are maintained, while minimizing rework and downtime.
Prepares work area for start-up, changeovers, and shut down (including selecting appropriate programs).
Maintains records and conducts periodic checks as directed.
Provides supplies needed for the operation of the machine/line (i.e. film, packaging, PPE, etc.)
Communicates with team members by notifying maintenance, supervisor/leads, and production associates as needed.
Understands and can perform duties of their assigned line. Assists team members on the line and helps with rework or training of team members as needed.
Completes basic PM checklist on equipment.
Assists with other line equipment, making necessary adjustments as needed.
Assists in other departments as needed for basic, routine machine operation, and break coverage.
Clean and organize work area.
Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
· Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
· Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
· Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma.
· Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
• Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple instructions in English (for record keeping purposes).
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
• Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situation.
• Ability to work in cool temperatures (around 40 degrees)
• Ability to stand and use hands for 8-11 hours per day
• Ability to multitask and work quickly
• Ability to perform light maintenance on equipment
• Pallet jack license or willingness to acquire one
• Authorized to do LOTO (Lock Out/Tag Out) or willingness to acquire authorization