JBS USA LIVE RECEIVING SUPERVISOR - NIGHTS in Arcadia, Wisconsin
POSITION SUMMARY: The Process Supervisor provides departmental direction and support, using coaching, motivation and supervisory techniques, ensures that teams achieve specified levels of performance. The Process Supervisor continuously seeks process improvement through use of analysis of production methods and data as well as application of processing controls. The Process Supervisor is required to coordinate multiple processes and integrate process activities in a manner that achieves bottom line success and the mission of Gold'n Plump Poultry. The Process Supervisor oversees safety, quality, training, retention, sanitation, budget and productivity for employee teams under their supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
Hires, trains, coaches and motivates employee team members to achieve their maximum quality and productivity performance. Facilitates and encourages employee involvement through crew meetings, safety teams, audits, problem solving, etc.
Directs and monitors the operations of the department. Makes recommendations and works to plan and implement process improvements.
Promotes department and company goodwill through proactive employee communication. Supports and promotes company position on union free status by maintaining open communication and feedback to employees.
Schedules people, materials and equipment to most effectively and efficiently utilize departmental resources to achieve the mission of Pilgrim’s. Determines work assignments and makes changes as necessary to accommodate staffing and production needs of the department.
Responsible for the performance evaluation process for the department. Prepares and issues performance evaluations and approves those prepared by process leaders for the department.
Certified in CPR, First Aid and AED or willing to be certified (within 6 months) and willing to serve in such capacity.
Practices proactive process improvement methods and techniques using SPC data and real time data. Is proactive in achieving standard or above standard results in yield, efficiency and quality while maintaining a safe work environment.
Supports Black Belt projects, problem solving teams and takes an active role on teams as needed.
Monitors equipment and quality checks to assure quality and productivity standards are maintained.
Promotes safe work habits through training, recognizing safety hazards, performing safety audits and completing accident investigations.
Facilitates the development and implementation of departmental goals, objectives and budget, ensuring that necessary records to track, monitor and explain any variances from budgeted goals are established. Promotes communication and understanding of departmental goals including Gold’n Rewards.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma.
Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
· Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
· Considerable knowledge of process operations and practices.
· Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Considerable knowledge of supervisory practices and procedures
· Strong ability to analyze and solve production problems
· Ability to lead and coach employees and projects
· Good English verbal and written communication skills, bi-lingual skills desired
· Basic computer skills required (e-mail, time & attendance, etc.) and intermediate skills preferred (spreadsheet and word processing)
· Conflict management skills
· Good organizational skills
· Knowledge of cultural issues
· Good math aptitude
· Basic mechanical knowledge
· Completes Lockout/Tagout training and is aware of requirements for Lockout/Tagout safety as well as other company safety programs and policies.
· Valid Pilgrim’s Palletjack license or ability to obtain license within 30 days
· Valid CPR ,First Aid Certification and AED or ability to obtain certificate within 6 months.
· Class A CDL or ability to obtain within 6 months.EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled