JBS USA PILGRIM'S LIVE HAUL DRIVER/LIFT OPERATOR - NIGHTS **$5000 HIRING BONUS** in Arcadia, Wisconsin
Pilgrim’s is a leading global provider of high-quality food products, including well-recognized brands and value-added premium products. As one of the world’s largest poultry producers, Pilgrim’s has provided wholesome, quality products to customers and consumers for more than seven decades. It’s our passion for excellence that continues to drive us to be the best, and we seek opportunities to diversify and grow.
Pilgrim’s Arcadia Location
While Pilgrim’s is a global company we offer a hometown feel within our complex located in Arcadia, WI. Pilgrim’s works with 150 local growers. We employ approximately 500 team members at our complex. We give you the tools you need to discover your perfect career match, and the freedom and support to take your career to the next level. It is our goal to be your employer of choice and provide you with the opportunity for a better future!
Pilgrim’s wants YOU to join our Live Haul Driver/Operator Team! Position starts at $25.00/hour, PLUS $1.50 Shift Differential. We are also offering a $5000 NEW HIRING BONUS!
5 Days of paid time off at 30 days of employment
Benefits at 60 days of employment, 401K contributions on day 1 of employment
70% off quality Pilgrim’s poultry products
Training provided with a trainer/mentor
Better Futures Program –2 Year Community College tuition paid for you or your dependents!
Opportunity to grow your career through our Supervisor Development Program or Management Trainee Program
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always. This includes increased safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, such as enhanced cleaning and sanitation, face coverings, temperature screens and plexi-glass or plastic barriers. We are also working to secure vaccine availability for our Team Members.
POSITION SUMMARY :
Position is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of trucks and forklifts for the Live Haul Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
Operates Live Haul trucks in a safe and efficient manner.
Operates Forklifts at contract grower locations in a safe and efficient manner.
Performs equipment inspections in accordance with company guidelines and equipment operating instructions. Reports all problems to the Supervisor.
Performs minor maintenance on equipment as directed.
Loads trucks as required.
Tarps truck according to established guidelines during periods of inclement weather.
Assists with monitoring barn conditions, ventilation, and bird conditions during catching and reports problem areas to the Supervisor.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
· Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
· Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
· Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Working knowledge of driving and traffic rules.
· Appropriate skill to drive a truck safely
· Ability to follow both written and verbal directions
· Ability to communicate effectively with others in a manner that maintains harmony with co-workers
· Considerable ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
· Considerable ability to work under dusty adverse conditions.
· Valid Class A Drivers license and acceptable driving record according to Company Policy 622 required, (Possession of single, valid operators license with appropriate vehicle classification for operators state of residence; no incident in prior 36 months in which the driver was found to be under the influence of alcohol or non-prescription drugs; no incident in prior 36 months of reckless/careless driving; no major driving violations), for Lockout/Tagout safety as well as other company safety programs and policies.
· Valid Pilgrim’s Forklift license or ability to obtain license within 30 days