JBS USA PILGRIM'S LR SHUTTLE DRIVER /LIFT OPERATOR - DAYS **$3000 NEW HIRE BONUS** in Arcadia, Wisconsin
Pilgrim’s wants YOU to join our Shuttle Driver Team! Position starts at $21.98/hour and we are offering a $3000 New Hire Bonus!
Medical, dental and vision insurance
Better Futures Program –2 Year Community College tuition paid for you or your dependents!
Opportunity to grow your career through our Supervisor Development Program
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always. This includes increased safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, such as enhanced cleaning and sanitation, face coverings, temperature screens and plexi-glass or plastic barriers. We are also working to secure vaccine availability for our Team Members.
Position is responsible for transporting full and empty loads of live chickens from the Holding Center to the Processing Plant. Also, as part of the rotation of the department, will assist in live hanging, inserting drawers into the LTS, and driving forklift to unload the trucks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
Clears scale platform and balances scale before weighing trailers
Weighs trailers on scale before and after loading.
Assures continuous flow of birds to processing area.
Assists with unloading trailers and tarp removal as needed.
Monitors bird and building conditions in holding and processing areas.
Moves offal and other trailers as directed by Supervisor.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
Trains others with the skills and knowledge gained from position.
Observes all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies. Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, co-workers, and leadership teams.
Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization.
Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma
Follow all company animal welfare guidelines.
Other duties as directed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
· Understand safety & quality standards
· Understand and know product specs
· Must hold a valid forklift license or the ability to obtain one within 3 months
· Have the ability to work with minimal direct supervisioni
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions
· Must have a valid Class A Drivers license with up to date Medical Card. An acceptable driving record, according to Company Policy 622 is required and must be maintained, (Possession of single, valid operators license with appropriate vehicle classification for operators state of residence; no incident in prior 60months in which the driver was found to be under the influence of alcohol or non-prescription drugs; no incident in prior 60months of reckless/careless driving; no major driving violations)for Lockout/Tagout safety as well as other company safety programs and policies.