JBS USA PILGRIM'S MAINTENANCE AFTERNOONS- M1 in Arcadia, Wisconsin
Pilgrim’s wants YOU to join our hourly Maintenance team! Positions start at $20.37/hour minimum plus $1.00/hour Shift Differential
Medical, dental and vision insurance
Better Futures Program –2 Year Community College tuition paid for you or your dependents!
Opportunity to grow your career through our Supervisor Development Program
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always. This includes increased safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, such as enhanced cleaning and sanitation, face coverings, temperature screens and plexi-glass or plastic barriers. We are also working to secure vaccine availability for our Team Members.
The position is responsible for monitoring and adjusting equipment throughout the department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
Monitors equipment throughout shift for proper operation and makes necessary adjustments and repairs to maximize the efficiency of the equipment.
Responsible to identify opportunities for improvement and to communicate those to supervisor and/or lead person.
Conducts scheduled preventative maintenance on equipment.
Assists in performing various quality, yield and performance indicator checks.
Assists maintenance department in the repair, modification and construction of equipment and structure as needed including initiating work orders.
Maintains proper records on all equipment.
Flexibility required as overtime and weekend work occurs and may be required.
Gathers feedback from production team members on a regular basis on how the equipment, work stations, and product flow is functioning.
EXPECTATIONS – All Team Members
· Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
· Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
· Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
· Have the ability to work with minimal direct supervision.
· Excellent mechanical aptitude and abilities in order to analyze, evaluate, and solve mechanical problems.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Experience in the operation of maintenance power tools.EOE/Vet/Disabled