JBS USA PRODUCTION MANAGER in Arcadia, Wisconsin
Pilgrim’s is a leading global provider of high-quality food products, including well-recognized brands and value-added premium products. As one of the world’s largest poultry producers, Pilgrim’s has provided wholesome, quality products to customers and consumers for more than seven decades. It is our passion for excellence that continues to drive us to be the best, and we seek opportunities to diversify and grow.
Pilgrim’s Arcadia Location
While Pilgrim’s is a global company, we offer a hometown feel within our complex located in Arcadia, WI. Pilgrim’s works with 150 local growers. We employ approximately 500 team members at our complex. We give you the tools you need to discover your perfect career match, and the freedom and support to take your career to the next level. It is our goal to be your employer of choice and provide you with the opportunity for a better future!
Pilgrim’s wants YOU to join our team as a PRODUCTION MANAGER. Join our Flock!
· Benefits at 60 days of employment, 401K contributions on day 1 of employment
· 70% off quality Pilgrim’s poultry products
· Training provided with a trainer/mentor
· Advancement opportunities
· Better Futures Program –2 Year Community College tuition paid for you or your dependents!
· Opportunity to grow your career through our Supervisor Development Program or Management Trainee Program
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always. This includes increased safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, such as enhanced cleaning and sanitation, face coverings, temperature screens and plexi-glass or plastic barriers. We are also working to secure vaccine availability for our Team Members.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for directing, controlling, and coordinating all aspects of plant production in order to maximize the long-term and short-term profitability of the company while maintaining or exceeding Pilgrim’s performance standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
Directs and coordinates all plant processing functions utilizing all available resources to achieve Pilgrim’s standards most effectively and efficiently.
Actively work to develop team for the purpose of enhancing their effectiveness in daily operations as well as to prepare them for future opportunities within the organization.
Participates in projects to ensure that they are progressing.
Conduct weekly manager meetings to provide feedback.
Develop and implement goals, objectives, and budgets.
Communicate with USDA on issues related to Pilgrim’s.
Administer company policies and procedures fairly and equitably to maintain standards established for safety, quality and overall company personnel satisfaction.
Investigate process improvement methods.
Maintain working relationship with support staff.
Prepare and administer evaluations for team members.
Manages all aspects of processing including Standard Operating Procedures and Control Plans.
Performing administrative duties and seeing that objectives are being met.
Communicating the Team Members on project timelines and tasks that need to be completed immediately.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
· Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
· Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
· Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies
· Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
· Bachelor’s degree in Operations, Business Management or Agriculture or significant (10+) years in a directly related management position required
· Minimum of 5 years proven management experience in leading a team in a manufacturing environment
· Ability to work across functions and build a team relationship within the company
· Thorough understanding of Process Quality techniques (or training will be provided)
· Very good analytical and financial skills
· Excellent managerial and leadership skills
· Very good project management skills
· Above average negotiation skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Proficient with Microsoft Office and statistical analysis software application
· To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.