JBS USA REFRIGERATION TECHNICIAN (1-DAY, 1-AFTERNOONS) in Arcadia, Wisconsin
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
Installs new equipment, repairs and modifies existing refrigeration/HVAC and boiler equipment.
Performs necessary preventative maintenance on all equipment up to and including rebuilding compressors and broiler as needed and records necessary information.
Assists in the investigation in areas of cost reduction, method improvement, quality improvement, yied control and provides suggestions.
Provides feedback to supervisor regarding maintenance problems.
Trains other maintenance mechanics in ammonia refrigerations/HVAC/boilder operation.
Posses the ability and willingness to be state licensed should this be mandated.
Possesses a minimum of two years experience in commeical refrigeration enviroment/boiler operation, or accredited education in the same.
Possesses ability to work with limited supervision.
Assists other maintenance mechanics in their duties when time permits.
Weekend and overtime work frequently occurs nad is required.
Shift flexibility when necessary.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma
Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
· Associates degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. (To be determined by department supervisor.)
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
· Excellent mechanical aptitude and abilities in order to analyze evaluate, and solve mechanical problems.
· Behavior supports positive work environment. Examples: Lead by example, friendly, and excellent communication skills – listening, oral, and written.
· Working knowledge of NH3 refrigeration principles and understanding of plant refrigeration systems.
· Knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and refrigeration procedures.
· Ability to read and understand schematics.
· Ability to arc and gas weld (overhead and bench)
· Considerable mechanical ability to analyze production machinery and their function and repair