JBS USA TRUCK MECHANIC in Arcadia, Wisconsin
The Live Haul Truck Mechanic is responsible for repairing, constructing, servicing and modifying all live haul equipment under general supervision of the Lead Maintenance Mechanic or the Live Haul Manager . This position will perform equipment inspections both in the shop and in the field to ensure good working condition. Additionally, this position will either occasionally drives semi or operates the auto catch equipment to meet departmental and business needs. OR is DOT certified and performs DOT certification/Vehicle Inspections to ensure compliance with CSA 2010.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
Performs daily and routine maintenance of live haul equipment, notifying supervisor of operating problems or major repairs needed. Looks for equipment problems adjusts and repairs equipment as needed. Ensures that equipment issues are thoroughly documented for shop repair. Identifies opportunities to modify equipment or work procedures to reduce cost or labor.
Daily inspection of equipment (forklift, track cart, tractor and trailer, packer or catcher) as well as completion of vehicle condition reports. Operates equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
Performs work using tools and equipment safety and proficiently. Maintains a neat and orderly shop. Is on time for work, keeps trucks clean and ensures that the truck and packers are stocked with supplies.
Maintains accurate record of work completed including parts used and time spent in repairs or modifications. Welds mods and equipment to meet departmental and business needs.
Supports live haul operation by occasionally transporting the packer, catcher, forklift and track or mod and drawer trailer from processing to grower locations and back. Unloads and sets up packer or catcher and operates either the catcher or the packer. Drives in designated area of the growers’ property.
Assists in team building environment at work.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
· Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
· Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
· Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· One year certificate from college or technical school REQUIRED
· Trains others with the skills and knowledge gained from position.
· CDL/Class A driver’s license preferred with a minimum of one year driving experience. (M3 –REQUIRED to have CDL/Class A driver’s license)
· 1 - 3 Years of previous directly related maintenance experience required (M3 position – 3 to 5 years experience)
· Hydraulics background preferred
· Ability to work independently
· Must Possess a Good Driving Record – record must meet company standards for eligible drivers
· Very good mechanical skills/aptitude
· Ability to Operate a Forklift/Forklift Certified
· MUST BE DOT CERTIFIED (M3 position)
· May need to lift heavy objects up to appx. 80 – 100 lbs, with assistance.
· May need to climb high structures