JBS USA WASTE WATER TREATMENT OPERATOR in Arcadia, Wisconsin
POSITION SUMMARY: The Waste Water Treatment Operator performs operations ands maintenance duties on the company’s wastewater collection and treatment system, including monitoring, operating and maintaining equipment in compliance with standard operating procedures (SOPs) and regulatory requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
Responsible for the general operation and basic maintenance of the auto scale.
Performs manual scaling at the re-weigh station, including its general operation and basic maintenance.
Constant repetition of stacking boxes weighing 45-50 pounds on pallets which are segregated by product code.
Assists with rework by either repairing the cases or identifying them for return.
Assures inventory accuracy by submitting daily scale adjustment reports.
Rotates stock as required.
Operates forklift and pallet jack safely and efficiently.
Loads trucks both with equipment and by hand, which can vary in weight up to 50 pounds per case.
Ability to fill customer orders accurately using hand held scanner equipment.
Keeps area clean by performing daily general sanitation.
Monitors x-ray process, making necessary adjustments.
Reports shipping problems or concerns to Supervisor or Lead person immediately.
Monitors process for partial cases to be worked into the process.
Other duties as assigned.
EXPECTATATIONS – all Team Members
Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma, and participates in or supports the E$P program
Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
· 1-2 years experience in the operations and maintenance of wastewater treatment plants associated ancillary and auxiliary equipment and distribution systems.
· Must posess or obtain within 12 months of employment a Wastewater Operator Certification.
· Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language in order to communicate well.
· Must have knowledge of maintenance/waste water language and terminology to effectively communicate within the department as well as to technical persons over the phone.
· Show a comprehension of how to communicate effectively to individuals in a team setting.
· Must be able to lift, push, or carry up to 50lbs.
· Must have a valid drivers license.