JBS USA WASTEWATER OPERATOR - NIGHTS in Arcadia, Wisconsin
Pilgrim’s is a leading global provider of high-quality food products, including well-recognized brands and value-added premium products. As one of the world’s largest poultry producers, Pilgrim’s has provided wholesome, quality products to customers and consumers for more than seven decades. It’s our passion for excellence that continues to drive us to be the best, and we seek opportunities to diversify and grow.
Pilgrim’s Arcadia Location
While Pilgrim’s is a global company, we offer a hometown feel within our complex located in Arcadia, WI. Pilgrim’s works with 150 local growers. We employ approximately 500 team members at our complex. We give you the tools you need to discover your perfect career match, and the freedom and support to take your career to the next level. It is our goal to be your employer of choice and provide you with the opportunity for a better future!Pilgrim’s wants YOU to join our WASTEWATER TEAM as a WASTEWATER OPERATOR! This position starts at 20.51/hour, plus $1.00 Shift Differential plus we are offering a $3000 Hiring Bonus!
· 5 Days of Vacation, after 60 days of employment
· Benefits at 60 days of employment, 401K contributions on day 1 of employment
· 70% off quality Pilgrim’s poultry products
· Training provided with a trainer/mentor
· Advancement opportunities
· Better Futures Program –2 Year Community College tuition paid for you or your dependents!
· Opportunity to grow your career through our Supervisor Development Program or Management Trainee Program
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always. This includes increased safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, such as enhanced cleaning and sanitation, face coverings, temperature screens and plexi-glass or plastic barriers. We are also working to secure vaccine availability for our Team Members.
POSITION SUMMARY :
The Bi-Product and Wastewater Utility Operator is responsible for the daily operation and upkeep of the Wastewater Dept. This will include, but not limited to, daily operations, inspections, equipment monitoring, and PM’s.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Responsible for performing the tasks associated with the Bi-product/ Wastewater Operator.
Responsible for loading and moving Bi-Product trailers and tankers.
Responsible as daily point of contact for Bi-Product trailer deliveries and pick ups.
Responsible for filling out Bi-product Bill of Lading and attaching security seals where required.
Responsible for cleaning Wastewater Area and Equipment.
Responsible for monitoring Water/ Wastewater control systems and recording devices.
Responsible for conducting PM’s.
Responsible for reporting any mechanical or process breakages/ deficiencies to the Maintenance Dept. for repair.
Responsible for Daily Monitoring/ Lab testing of Wastewater Effluent for process control.
Assist with adjusting Wastewater Effluent Process Control to stay within discharge limits.
Responsible for Operating and Maintaining Blood Trough.
Responsible for Daily testing and operational maintenance of Plant Water Softeners.
Responsible for completing and organizing daily records and paperwork.
Clean and organize Wastewater Dept./ work areas.
Conduct snow removal according to plant needs as assigned.
Perform other duties as assigned (assist Dept. projects, assist Yard, etc.)
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
Flexibility of working hours based on daily needs of the department
Flexibility of work shifts as required by departmental needs
May be asked to rotate between departments or positions that require data collecting and record keeping.
Responsible for assisting Water Resource Supervisor as needed.
Assist Maintenance in repair of department equipment and system as needed.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
· Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
· Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively
and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
· Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational
· Keep area neat and clean
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
· 1-2 years experience in the operations and maintenance of wastewater treatment plants associated ancillary and auxiliary equipment and distribution systems.
· Must posess or obtain within 12 months of employment a Wastewater Operator Certification.
· Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language in order to communicate well.
· Must have knowledge of maintenance/waste water language and terminology to effectively communicate within the department as well as to technical persons over the phone.
· Show a comprehension of how to communicate effectively to individuals in a team setting.
· Experience in driving a tractor/trailer or yard truck preferred. Valid driver’s license required.
· Must be able to lift, push, or carry up to 50lbs.