JBS USA HAM BONING SUPERVISOR in Beardstown, Illinois
Job title: : Ham Boning Supervisor
Reports to: Ham Boning Superintendent
Type of position:
Supervise, evaluate and direct personnel on shift in performing operations according to sound operating principles and company policies and procedures. Stimulate maximum safety, efficiency and productivity of production workers; ensure proper training of employees. Anticipate and determine causes of delays in shift operations and take appropriate actions to meet production schedules. Apply company employee relations and union contract policies in all dealing with employees. Monitor and confirm that machinery, equipment and facilities are properly maintained and sanitized for efficient production. Arrange to have appropriate production records prepared and maintained (i.e., payroll, yields). Work closely with other production supervisors and management to promote efficiency and teamwork in each department and in plant facility. Attend meetings as scheduled or called. Perform various other duties as needed or as assigned.
• Extensive knowledge and technical skill in a variety of production jobs.
• Supervisory skills; good interpersonal relations; ability to handle conflict.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to speak multiple languages beneficial.
Education Requirements (if applicable)
• High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• College experience recommended.
JBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer