JBS USA BLENDER OPERATOR B SHIFT in Cactus, Texas
• Blend and mix ground beef product to proper grade or percentage of fat level.
• Ensure product is prepared at a very cold temperature to ensure freshness of the product.
• Follow all safety and sanitation procedures in area and with products.
• Keep a continual flow of products moving to the K-Pak machines.
• Check machinery during morning pre-operational procedures to ensure cleanliness.
• Ensure area does not over-produce specific individual products.
• Check each individual load to make sure product has pre-specified amount of fat.
• Chill finished product immediately after blending.
• Put finished product on auger machine down to K-Pak area.
• Prepare paperwork on all loads
• Daily work tasks are structured with very few deviations.
• Job performance is measured by the Ground Beef Supervisor on such issues as consistency of products, performance as blender and general knowledge of the ground beef department.
• Attend and give input at monthly group meetings.
QUALIFIED EMPLOYEES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
• Potential hazards in work area include grinders, blenders and hot water.
• Work area has some slippery floors and is somewhat noisy.
• Temperature in work area is very cold.
• Typical work schedule is 40 hours per week M-F with some Saturday work if necessary. Employee will receive overtime pay for all hours over 40.
Education Requirements (if applicable)
• Minimum High School diploma or GED equivalent.
• No previous experience necessary.
• Math skills
• Safety knowledge
• Product knowledge & formulation knowledge
• Bilingual important, but not mandatory as long as translator is nearby.
• Mostly verbal communication in the ground beef department.
• No external contact.