JBS USA GB KPAK OPERATOR B SHIFT in Cactus, Texas
• To operate K-Pak Machines.
• Be able to direct the workforce.
• Insure product is packaged properly with no product or moisture leaking out.
• Insure weight of product is accurate.
• Make sure all maintenance on the K-Pak machine is completed so production can continue.
• Prepare all pre-operational paperwork and insure HACCP forms are completed before start-up.
• Put K-Pak machine together at the start of the shift.
• Insure product is at right temperature for packaging.
• Prepare downtime reports for the K-Pak machine.
• Daily tasks are fairly structured.
• Job performance is evaluated by the Ground Beef Supervisor on product and packaging integrity.
• Attend and give input at monthly group meetings.
• Perform clip checks and seal checks every 20-30 chubs.
• Monitor every 5-10 chubs to insure proper weight of products.
• Make sure that the correct numbers of boxes are produced to complete each out-going load.
• And any other duties as reasonably associated with the above duties as assigned.
• Physical demands of this position may include lifting 80 lbs. rolls of packaging film to reload the K-Pak machine.
• Potential hazards of this position include sharp machinery.
• Work area is very cold and noisy.
• Employee will typically work 45-50 hours per week M-F with Saturday work if necessary. Overtime pay will be issued for all hours over 40 per week.
• Mechanical background
• General knowledge of entire ground beef department a plus, but not required.
Education Requirements (if applicable)
• Minimum High School diploma or GED equivalent.