JBS USA SAFETY CLERK/TRAINER B SHIFT in Cactus, Texas
To train and educate new and existing employees in all pertaining compliance programs, and perform administrative functions in regards to compliance programs.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES: LIST AND DESCRIBE (IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE) THE SPECIFIC
TASKS, ASSIGNMENTS, AND/OR FUNCTIONS PERFORMED.
• This positions needs to be courteous and professional at all times as they will be communicating with internal and external personnel
• Train new employees and current plant employees at all levels in compliance programs. Thus performing training to an authorized levels
• Confined Space
• Hot work Permit
• Electrical Safety
• Industrial Truck Program
• Fall Protection
• Maintenance Safety Training
• Hazard Communication
• Line Break Permit
• Contractor Program
• Respiratory Protection
• Railcar Safety
• Any other Specialized Training
• Perform Compliance Audits
• Participate at all levels in the emergency response effort
• Work closely with training department to ensure proper training requirements are met
• Log and track all compliance training
• Assist with compliance program updates
• Conducts Contractor Orientation
• Data Entry and tracking of all Mangement Expectation Program
• Log and trend all Safety Observation forms
• Log and update all incident investigations (including Near Miss, First Aid, Recordable, Property reports)
• Maintain monitors as required
• Assist in Special Projects as needed by the department
• Job performance is measured by the Safety & Health Manager on such criteria as quality of training and communication ability with employees
NON-EXEMPT: JOB DESCRIPTION FORM (Cont’d)
• Combination of office setting as well as production and maintenance.
• Physical demands of this position include a great deal of walking and stair climbing.
• Exposure to various chemicals, machinery and knives likely
• Work area includes slippery floors, temperature extremes and loud noise
• General work 40 hours per week, 5 to 6 days a week and could be considered on call additional hours
REQUIREMENTS: DESCRIBE NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS, AND TYPE AND AMOUNT OF FORMAL
SCHOOLING, AND WORK EXPERIENCE NORMALLY REQUIRED TO ATTAIN THESE. DO NOT
DESCRIBE YOUR OWN PARTICULAR BACKGROUND.
EDUCATION: • Minimum High School diploma or GED equivalent.
SPECIAL SKILLS: • Knowledge of various areas production and maintenance
• Writing skills
• Computer skills
• Communication skills
• Bilingual important because many classes are being taught in languages other than English.