JBS USA Breeder Catcher Driver - Days in Cold Spring, Minnesota
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
Drives the pullet moving trucks to and from the pullet barns to the layer barns. Catches and places pullets into coops for transporting to layer barns using great caution. Unloads breeding stock into layer barns using great caution. Assembles and disassembles track used in pullet moving.
Assists in the 12 week and 17 week vaccination of pullets. This includes:
a) Very careful handling and holding of birds for vaccination
b) Precise breast or neck vaccination of breeding stock
Assists in spent hen load outs.
Assists in repair of breeder equipment that includes vaccination guns and pullet moving equipment.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
· Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
· Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
· Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma, and participates in or supports the E$P program
· Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Class A license required
· Considerable ability to lift heavy objects up to approximately 50 pounds
· Some mechanical skill or basic knowledge of small engines
· Working ability to catch chickens and place in coops.
· Considerable ability to work under wet and dusty adverse conditions
· Must Possess a Good Driving Record with a minimum of 3 years driving experience – record must meet company standards for eligible drivers – approximately 100,000 Class A miles or 12 months experience
· Working skill to drive a truck safely and with a conscious effort to transport fragile loads.
· Fork lift certification required