JBS USA LIVE HAUL MECHANIC - NIGHT SHIFT in Cold Spring, Minnesota
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
Performs daily and routine maintenance of live haul equipment, notifying supervisor of operating problems or major repairs needed. Looks for equipment problems adjusts and repairs equipment as needed. Ensures that equipment issues are thoroughly documented for shop repair. Identifies opportunities to modify equipment or work procedures to reduce cost or labor.
Maintains accurate record of work completed including parts used and time spent in repairs or modifications. Welds mods and equipment to meet departmental and business needs.
Supports live haul operation by occasionally transporting the packer, catcher, forklift and track or mod and drawer trailer from processing to grower locations and back. Unloads and sets up packer or catcher and operates either the catcher or the packer. Drives in designated area of the growers’ property.
Daily inspection of equipment (forklift, track cart, tractor and trailer, packer or catcher) as well as completion of vehicle condition reports. Operates equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
Assists in team building environment at work.
Performs work using tools and equipment safety and proficiently. Maintains a neat and orderly shop. Is on time for work, keeps trucks clean and ensures that the truck and packers are stocked with supplies.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
· Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
· Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
· Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma, and participates in or supports the E$P program.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
· One year certificate from college or technical school or relevant experience
· Commercial drivers license or willingness to obtain is preferred
· 3-5 years of previous related experience preferred
· Hydraulics background required
· Ability to work independently
· Good driving record
· Good mechanical skills
· Ability to Operate a Forklift
· DOT Certification or willingness to obtain is required