JBS USA LIVE HANGER 1ST AND 2ND SHIFTS- $1500 SIGN ON BONUS in Gainesville, Georgia
The Live Hanger is responsible for firmly inserting both feet of the chicken into moving shackles using tools (to include knives), manual labor, and equipment provided in accordance with USDA and Pilgrim’s Company product standards and procedures
Team member will place a live bird into the every 6th shackle with both feet inserted firmly.
The 6th hanger will catch and rehang any birds that have been hung by only one leg while hanging their own shackle.
The 1st hanger is responsible for moving the belt forward to bring in birds.
Process product according to operating procedures and quality/quantity expectations.
Observes equipment operation, notifying appropriate personnel of any malfunctions and/or safety issues/concerns. Observes all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, co-workers, and leadership teams.
Follow all company animal welfare guidelines.
Other duties as assigned to include rotation with other positions within the department such as Cage dumper, Yard Jockey, Floor person, Backup killer, Cage loader and Picking room attendant.
• Ability to comprehend simple instructions
• Ability to apply common sense.
• Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Ability to work in cool temperatures (around 40 degrees in the winter) and hot temperatures (around 100 degrees in the summer).
• Ability to stand and use hands for 8-11 hours per day
• Ability to multitask and work quickly
• Must be a team player and be willing to work close to other employees at some stations. (Less than 3 feet apart.)
• Must have good communication skills.
• Good hand and eye coordination required.
• High School diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
• Food or production experience preferred
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the team member will be exposed to both an office environment and the production environment of wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the production environment is usually loud.
Applicant must also be able to do the following:
• Sitting 100% of the time
• Workable use of both hands and able to grasp.
• Good eye sight (with or without corrective lens).
• Able to perform repetitive task.
• Able to walk, stand, reach, bend, climb, push, pull, and stoup.
• Able to lift up to 50 lbs. in weight.EOE/Vet/Disabled