JBS USA HIDES SUPERVISOR in Grand Island, Nebraska
• Ensure all machinery is maintained in the best condition possible.
• Create and distributed the highest quality product possible.
• Ensure hides department makes all necessary yields.
• Make sure department is adequately staffed for daily operations.
• Communicate often with corporate on sales and loads to ensure product specifications and quality.
• Communicate with plant personnel on various plant issues and relay these issues to all necessary employees in the rendering department.
• Act as a liaison between plant management and rendering employees.
• Ensure adequate transportation is on hand to distribute products.
• Work with government officials.
• Attend and give input at daily plant meetings.
• Directly involved in interviewing and hiring new supervisors.
• Make promotion decisions regarding supervisors on criteria such as people skills, common sense, general knowledge of hides operation and the ability to successfully handle crisis situations.
• Directly responsible for training all new employees and lead men.
• Deal directly with all disciplinary matters in area and take action. This action may range from verbal warnings to terminations.
• Job performance is measured by the Operations Manager on criteria such as quality of products, expenses of department, safety of department and yields of rendering area.
• Potential hazards in work area may include machinery and hot water.
• Work area has many slippery floors and is very noisy.
• Climate conditions in work area are very hot and muggy.
• Position will typically work 50-55 hours per week M-F with some Saturday work if necessary.
• Minimum High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• General mechanical skills are essential.
• Management training
• Math and computer knowledge are requirements for position.
• Lab and waste-water experience and background are helpful.
• Bilingual important, but not mandatory as long as translators are present.