JBS USA JBS SANITATION SAFETY SUPERVISOR in Grand Island, Nebraska
Sanitation Safety Supervisor
Job Description: We are seeking a meticulous and experienced Sanitation Safety Supervisor to ensure strict adherence to cleanliness and safety standards. The Sanitation Safety Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing sanitation operations, implementing safety protocols, and maintaining regulatory compliance in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
· Develop and enforce sanitation and safety policies and procedures specific to the meat packing industry, ensuring compliance with industry regulations, company standards, and best practices.
· Conduct regular inspections of the facility, production lines, and equipment to identify sanitation and safety hazards, and promptly implement corrective actions.
· Oversee and supervise sanitation activities, including cleaning and sanitizing equipment, surfaces, and production areas, to maintain a hygienic environment in accordance with food safety guidelines.
· Train and educate employees on proper sanitation practices, including the use of cleaning chemicals, personal protective equipment (PPE), and safe handling of dangerous chemicals.
· Ensure compliance with lockout/tagout procedures for machinery maintenance and repairs, and conduct regular safety checks to prevent accidents and injuries.
· Monitor and enforce adherence to sanitation and safety protocols by conducting routine audits and providing timely feedback and coaching to employees.
· Investigate incidents, accidents, or near-misses related to sanitation and safety, and implement preventive measures to minimize future occurrences.
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams, such as production, quality assurance, and maintenance, to ensure effective sanitation and safety practices throughout the meat packing plant.
· Maintain accurate records of sanitation activities, including cleaning schedules, inspections, and training documentation, to demonstrate compliance with regulatory requirements.
· Stay up-to-date with relevant regulations, industry trends, and best practices in sanitation, safety, and food handling for the meat packing industry.
· Conduct regular training sessions on topics such as proper cleaning techniques, sanitation procedures, safety machinery procedures, and handling of dangerous chemicals.
· Assist in the development and implementation of hygiene and sanitation programs specific to meat packing operations, aiming to continuously improve cleanliness and reduce the risk of contamination.
· Participate in internal and external audits related to sanitation and safety, and collaborate with regulatory bodies to address any non-compliance issues.
· Collaborate with suppliers and vendors to ensure the quality and safety of cleaning chemicals, sanitation equipment, and personal protective equipment used in the meat packing plant.
· High school diploma or equivalent; additional certifications or training in sanitation, safety, or food handling are desirable.
· Proven experience in a sanitation or safety role within a meat packing plant or similar food processing environment.
· Strong knowledge of sanitation principles, cleaning techniques, and chemical safety specific to meat packing operations.
· Familiarity with regulatory requirements and industry standards (e.g., USDA, FDA, OSHA) related to sanitation, safety, and food handling in the meat packing industry.
· Excellent attention to detail and the ability to identify potential hazards or non-compliance issues in a fast-paced production environment.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively train and educate employees on sanitation and safety practices, safety machinery procedures, and handling of dangerous chemicals.
· Ability to work independently, make decisions, and prioritize tasks in a dynamic and time-sensitive setting.
· Proficiency in using sanitation equipment, cleaning chemicals, and personal protective equipment specific to meat packing operations.
· Basic computer skills for record-keeping, documentation, and data analysis purposes.
· Physical stamina and the ability to lift heavy objects, bend, stoop, and stand for extended periods.
· Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities to address sanitation and safety issues promptly.