JBS USA DATA SCIENTIST MANAGER in Greeley, Colorado
JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
The Fed Beef team at JBS is seeking a Data Science Manager who is passionate about unlocking the value of our data to provide data insights that inform and influence our product and business decisions. By managing a data science team and analyzing large internal and publicly available datasets, you will empower our business through the use of machine learning and artificial intelligence, enhance decision making and allow for insight driven collaboration.
• Leverage the latest machine and deep learning techniques to challenge our current practices in supply chain, procurement, sales, marketing, operations, claims, etc.
• Design, develop, and implement end-to-end machine learning production pipelines (data exploration, data preprocessing, feature engineering, model building, and performance evaluation).
• Work with different business organizations across the company to understand their needs and help identify new opportunities.
• Mentor, coach, train and manage fellow data scientists and analysts.
Successful Candidate: A successful candidate must:
• Take the initiative, easily understand the business dynamics, see the big picture, assess current practices and identify new areas where inefficiencies affect the bottom line of the company.
• Understand the uses of business and market information to better drive decisions.
• Relate with multiple teams to understand the problems of the business.
• Lead a team and managing its resources effectively.
• Have a strong analytical mindset so that they can drive decisions in a fact-based environment.
• Condense complex analysis and technical concepts with clarity and simplicity for business leaders
• Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Statistics, Business Analytics, Agribusiness, Accounting, Finance, Economics, etc. or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in data science
• Highly proficient in Python, SQL, and AWS
• Solid technical hands-on skills in machine learning (regression, classification, clustering, dimensionality reduction), deep learning (CNN, RNN/LSTM, GAN), time series data (DeepAR, Prophet), anomaly detection, and statistical algorithms
• Expert in TensorFlow, Keras, Scikit-Learn, etc.
• Strong ability to use logic and excellent problem-solving skills
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced, highly dynamic environment
• Demonstrated experience with agile or other rapid development methods
• Passion for innovation and “can do” attitude