JBS USA HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR - LIVE PORK in Greeley, Colorado
JBS Live Pork, a division of JBS USA, is committed to producing and delivering quality hogs to the market. Our business includes company owned and contract operations across 7 states. The Human Resources Director position provides HR leadership and accountability to over 430 team members employed in sow production, transportation, feed milling, grow finish operations, animal welfare, accounting, and other business functions.
The Live Pork HR Director is directly responsible for promoting company culture and talent development, maintaining compliance with employment laws, and creating an environment for a disciplined and motivated team for the Live Pork Business Unit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop, maintain and direct Live Pork human resourcesactivities, e.g., record keeping, policy compliance, benefits and leave administration, performance management, talent acquisition, employee engagement and retention programs etc
• Implement and maintain goal tracking process
• Ensure that the administration of compensation and benefits programs at the location are in line with corporate programs
• Ensure adherence to all federal, state and local regulations governing human resources processes, including FMLA, EEOC, ADA, etc
• Direct and execute recruitment, hiring, and onboarding activities in compliance with EEO and AAP requirements
• Administer employee relations issues. Process and implement formal disciplinary action of employees, initiate termination procedures and terminate employees as needed
• Prepares and maintains records and procedures for controlling personnel transactions and reporting personnel data
• Act as a strategic partner with the Head of Live Operations and other upper management personnel in the business to develop organizational strategies by identifying issues, performinganalysis, and providing recommendations to management team; and establishing human resources objectives in line with business unit objectives
• Establishes, evaluates and maintains departmental reports and key indicators. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
• Perform other duties as needed and/or assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or relatedfield
• 4 or more years in HR-progressive HR generalist experience within food industry
• Strong communication and public speaking skills
• Willingness to work in agriculture/hog farming environment
• Ability to travel 25-35%
• Strong understanding of all HR related functions to include, but not limited to: Staffing and Retention Strategies, Company Policy interpretation and enforcement, Compliance (AAP, I-9, Payroll, Leaves of Absence, etc.), Workers’ Compensation, Case Management, Health Services, Team Member and Community Relations.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Computer knowledge
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to handle conflict
• Uphold and Champion Company Values: Determination, Discipline, Ownership, Simplicity, Sincerity, Humility, and Availability.
• Master’s Degree and/or PHR/SPHR certification
• Live Pork Production and/or current JBS/Pilgrim’s HR experience
• Bilingual (English/Spanish)
• SAP/KRONOS experience