JBS USA HATCHERY DRIVER DAYS (Mon, Tue, Thur & Fri 6 am - 2:30 pm **$5000 HIRING BONUS** in Independence, Wisconsin
Pilgrim’s is a leading global provider of high-quality food products, including well-recognized brands and value-added premium products. As one of the world’s largest poultry producers, Pilgrim’s has provided wholesome, quality products to customers and consumers for more than seven decades. It’s our passion for excellence that continues to drive us to be the best, and we seek opportunities to diversify and grow.
Pilgrim’s Arcadia Location
While Pilgrim’s is a global company, we offer a hometown feel within our complex located in Arcadia, WI. Pilgrim’s works with 150 local growers. We employ approximately 500 team members at our complex. We give you the tools you need to discover your perfect career match, and the freedom and support to take your career to the next level. It is our goal to be your employer of choice and provide you with the opportunity for a better future!
Pilgrim’s wants YOU to join our HATCHERY TEAM as a HATCHERY DRIVER! This position starts at $25.00//hour, plus we are offering a $5000 Hiring Bonus!
· 5 Days of Vacation, after 60 days of employment
· Benefits at 60 days of employment, 401K contributions on day 1 of employment
· 70% off quality Pilgrim’s poultry products
· Training provided with a trainer/mentor
· Advancement opportunities
· Better Futures Program –2 Year Community College tuition paid for you or your dependents!
· Opportunity to grow your career through our Supervisor Development Program or Management Trainee Program
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing guidelines are followed within our facility. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are available to all team members and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
POSITION SUMMARY : The Hatchery Driver is responsible for transporting eggs and delivering chicks to various locations around the complex.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Drives truck to pick up eggs and deliver chicks in a safe and economical fashion.
Conducts pre-trip and post-trip inspections in accordance with divisional guidelines and DOT requirements.
Loads and unloads truck according to division guidelines.
Handle eggs properly to reduce breakage.
Properly complete egg slips which must account for all eggs.
Make proper selection of chicks for each barn using the following priority: One breeder flock source in one barn, sister flock sources in one barn, and chicks with close breeder flock age and same breed in one barn.
Properly monitor chicks during delivery making sure that no overheating or chilling occurs.
Responsible for limiting the time stacks of chicks stand in brooding area of the barn.
Oversees the unloading procedure and placing of chicks in the barn.
Monitors temperature as well as ammonia levels in brooding areas of the barn making sure that the temperature is at 84 degrees and the ammonia level is no higher than 50 ppm.
Observes all company personnel, safety, quality, and food safety policies.
Performs other duties as assigned.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
· Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
· Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
· Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies
· Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
· High School or GED required with one to three years driving experience; GVW over 26,000 pounds.
· Class A driver’s license with acceptable driving record per Pilgrim’s Company policy required. Or Willing to Obtain Class A CDL
· Forklift license required.
· Ability to lift egg cases weighing up to 50 pounds.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and compute percentages and fractions.
· Ability to work in a dusty environment.
· Ability to perform light maintenance on equipment.
· Ability to effectively communicate – both oral and written.
· Ability to work independently.EOE/Vet/Disabled