JBS USA HUMAN RESOURCES SUPERVISOR 2nd Shift in Lenoir, North Carolina
Position: Human Resources Supervisor 2nd Shift
• Back up and assist Human Resources director on all matters related to Human Resources to include Employee relations, labor relations, Payroll Backup, HRIS, Workers Compensation, Benefits, Compensation, Employee Engagement, Employee retention, etc.…
• Responsible for overseeing the staffing requirements for the Lenoir facility and ensures the crewing needs are delivered on time, as requested and the job bid processes is utilized.
• Works closely with all levels of operations and other departments to insure that their needs are being met on all matters related to Human Resources.
• Assists in organizing employee communication and ensures that this is taking place. Examples include: video boards, flyers, bulletin boards, newsletters, etc…
• Has a good working knowledge of all HR systems to include, SAP, Kronos, Attendance Tracker as well as Attendance Progressive Disciplinary Actions and ensures that backups are crossed trained on all systems.
• Understand the Human Resources structure of JBS, what resources are available and where to get help on specific issues.
• Other task and duties as assigned
Working Conditions: General office environment with occasional duties in production environment. Should be prepared on a daily basis to work in a production environment, cold/heat etc…
Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred, high school diploma or equivalency required
Experience: Preferable 4 years’ experience in the protein industry (with 2 in Human Resources) or a similar HR position within another industry
• Excellent verbal and written communication sills
• Knowledge of all applicable Federal, State and Local employment laws or where to get those is a very big plus.
• Must possess a knowledge and ability to work in all Microsoft Office related products to include: Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point.
• Ability to become proficient in Kronos, SAP, Taleo, etc…
• Must be highly self-motivated. Needs the ability to make decisions and work with very little supervision or direction on day to day accountabilities.
• Must understand the fundamentals of the business that we are in and how HR fits into that and why we matter to the operation.
• The confidence to fix problems as they arise without being told/asked or having to “check” with someone.
• The ability and willingness to speak your mind and give opinions which may be contrary to prevailing mindsets.
• The ability to respect and support a decision once it’s been made whether you agree with it or not.
• Must have the ability to develop action plans and execute.
Internal: Works closely with all departments within the plant structure