JBS USA COVID SUPERINTENDENT in Marshville, North Carolina
COVID SUPERINTENDENT At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is a Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always. This includes increased safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, such as enhanced cleaning and sanitation, face coverings, temperature screens and plexi-glass or plastic barriers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
· Work closely with Complex Human Resources Manager, Training Department, and Safety Manager to cultivate the plant pandemic response culture.
· Serve as the plant level pandemic response subject matter expert.
· Manage pandemic response resources and related departmental budgets.
· When necessary plan, request, and assist in the hiring of new personnel.
· Work within the plant framework to foster the career growth of direct reports.
· Serve as the primary contact on pandemic issues.
· Responsible for establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with plant, business unit, and corporate level team members.
· Create, manage, and review site specific pandemic compliance programming.
· Appraise and implement new health regulations as they relate to plant operations.
· Ensure that team members are adequately trained in pandemic response plan procedures.
· Review all contract documents related to ongoing or proposed work for pandemic related issues.
· Review subcontractor pandemic programs; ensure that subcontractor programs are compliant with corporate, OSHA, and CDC regulations.
· Conduct pandemic response audits. Audits will include a brief summary report noting any deviations from the pandemic response plan and corrective actions that may be necessary to promote the health and safety of workers and the public.
· Organize and conduct pandemic response training as necessary.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
· Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
· Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
· Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
· Strong organizational skills
· Excellent grammar and writing skills
· Strong supervision skills
· Proven ability to lead others
· Communication and interpersonal skills to effectively manage and motivate employees and communicate objectives and action plans.
· Ability to research pertinent facts, data and other information from internal and external sources
· Proficient use of computer and corresponding programs – Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
· Ability to implement behavioral-based safety techniques to improve/maintain response plan performance
· Ability to establish positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Pilgrim’s is a leading global provider of high-quality food products, including well-recognized brands and value-added premium products. As one of the world’s largest poultry producers, Pilgrim’s has provided wholesome, quality products to customers and consumers for more than seven decades. It’s our passion for excellence that continues to drive us to be the best, and we seek opportunities to diversify and grow.
Benefits at 60 days of employment, 401K contributions on day 1 of employment
Better Futures Program –2 Year Community College tuition paid for you or your dependents!