JBS USA MACHINE OPERATOR-1ST/2ND SHIFT in Mason, Ohio
Associate must have the ability to make precise adjustments, basic troubleshooting skills, and modify and or create programs based on equipment, product and customer needs. Additionally, these roles are the last quality checkpoint before the product reaches both the internal and external customer. The ability to understand and communicate information is essential. Must be able to perform all job functions safely in accordance with food safety, GMP’s and quality standards.
· Prepare work area for pre- and post-operational activities.
· Load, unload, and transfer product to and from equipment and or conveyors.
· Monitor production lines, identify issues, supply and replenish packaging materials as necessary.
· Sort, weigh, wrap, label, verify or measure product to meet product specifications.
· Inspect and remove defective product and or packaging materials from the process.
· Arrive to your work station prepared to perform tasks at a scheduled time, and staying until work is complete, or until supervisor and/or manager indicate work is done. Overtime may be necessary and is required when scheduled.
· Maintain a clean and organized work area.
· Set up, tear down of equipment, selection of pre-determined settings and use of proper lifting, bending, reaching techniques.
· Perform other duties as assigned. Identify any safety concerns and or hazards and report them.
· Perform safety checklist and ability to operate pallet jack/riders/forklift equipment.
· Perform Lock Out/Tag Out procedures.
· Modify and or create program settings to meet production standards.
· Provide machine adjustments and troubleshooting when required.
Must be proficient in General Production 2
Must be 18 years of age or older
High school diploma/GED preferred
2+ years’ production industry experience preferred
Must be able to understand and comply with company, plant, and safety rules/policies