JBS USA Hatchery Driver in Moorefield, West Virginia
Pilgrim’s is a leading global provider of high-quality food products, including well-recognized brands and value-added premium products. As one of the world’s largest poultry producers, Pilgrim’s has provided wholesome, quality products to customers and consumers for more than seven decades. It’s our passion for excellence that continues to drive us to be the best, and we seek opportunities to diversify and grow.
At Pilgrim’s, we give you the tools you need to discover your perfect career match and the freedom and support to take your career to the next level. It is our goal to be your employer of choice and provide you with the opportunity for a better future!
Pilgrim’s wants YOU to join our Pilgrim’s Family as a Hatchery DRIVER ! Pilgrims offer excellent benefits and compensation packages.
POSITION SUMMARY :
The position is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of trucks and forklifts for the Hatchery Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
Operates Hatchery trucks in a safe and efficient manner.
May be required to operate Forklifts at contract grower locations in a safe and efficient manner.
Performs equipment inspections in accordance with company guidelines and equipment operating instructions. Reports all problems to the Supervisor.
Performs minor maintenance on equipment as directed.
Loads trucks as required.
Tarps trucks according to established guidelines during periods of inclement weather.
Assists with monitoring barn conditions, ventilation, and bird conditions during catching and reports problem areas to the Supervisor.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
• Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
• Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
• Participates in process improvement and problem-solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS , AND ABILITIES
• Working knowledge of driving and traffic rules.
• Appropriate skill to drive a truck safely
• Ability to follow both written and verbal directions
• Ability to communicate effectively with others in a manner that maintains harmony with co-workers
• Considerable ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Considerable ability to work under dusty adverse conditions.
• Valid Class A Driver’s license and acceptable driving record according to Company Policy 622 required, (Possession of single, valid operator’s license with appropriate vehicle classification for operators state of residence; no incident in prior 36 months in which the driver was found to be under the influence of alcohol or non-prescription drugs; no incident in prior 36 months of reckless/careless driving; no major driving violations), for Lockout/ Tag out safety as well as other company safety programs and policies.
• Valid Pilgrim’s Forklift license or ability to obtain license within 30 days
• Must be able to operate a Manual CMV