JBS USA 2ND SHIFT QA LABORATORY TECHNICIAN in Ottumwa, Iowa
POSITION: 2ND SHIFT QA LABORATORY TECHNICIAN
LOCATION: Ottumwa, IA
· Collect samples from production areas and coolers to test for quality and cleanliness.
· Use designated Lab methods and equipment to test all samples for each individual outcome.
· Complete necessary reports; relay results to essential individuals.
· Monitor inventory and report needed supplies.
· Attend meetings as needed or assigned.
· Perform various other duties as needed or assigned.
· Laboratory media and reagent preparation.
· Collect Carcass Residue samples on the Slaughter Floor for testing in Lab.
· Set up Shelf Life Studies of designated products.
· Follow Government regulated E coli testing requirements.
· Clean glassware and maintain overall Lab cleanliness.
· Plus and tasks deemed necessary by Laboratory Supervisor.
· Be able to communicate written and verbally in English
· Be able to work all shifts as needed
· Computer skills
· Self motivated with ability to work with minimal supervision
· Chemistry & Microbiology
· Organizational Skills
Education Requirements (if applicable)
· Degree in biological sciences or related field and experience/education in lab setting preferred, but will train individual on all aspects.
JBS offers a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
JBS is an equal opportunity employer.