JBS USA EXPENSE CONTROL MANAGER in Ottumwa, Iowa
Expense Control Manager
Location: Ottumwa, IA
Job title: Expense Control Manager
• Leads the effort to identify cost savings improvement ideas for plant. Tracks the actual performances of these savings. Partners with the local plant management team, divisional team for cost savings ideas, performance tracking.
• Responsible for coordinating the local plant budgeting process of the variable and fixed expenses.
• Prepares, reports actual vs. budget results on monthly and quarterly presentations.
• Maintains the RS6000 packaging standards costing files and tracks daily performances of packaging to earned standards.
• First line approver in the procurement process on all plant requisitions that ultimately are converted into purchase orders.
• Responsible for making sure that the proper general ledger account and cost centers are correctly being used. This includes plant expenditures and capital expenditures.
• Prepares all Capital Expenditures requests in SAP for routing approvals and ensures all proper documents are attached for its support.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred
3+ years of directly related experience required
Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail
Excellent problem solving skills
Requires excellent inter-personal skills with the ability to work closely with internal and external customers
Multi-tasking and working well with others
Strong communication and leadership skills
SAP knowledge recommended
Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
Able to work all three shifts
Able to communicate verbally and printed word in English
JB S offers a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
JBS is an equal opportunity employer.