JBS USA HARVEST SUPERVISOR - 33057 in Plainwell, Michigan
• Bilingual in Spanish preferred but not required
• Minimum 2-5 years production experience preferred
• Knowledge of meat processing and subsequent job specifications
• Management/communication skills advantageous.
• Monitors slaughter area by evaluating product and administering corrective procedures as sees fit (i.e. provides indirect job specification training).
• Coordinates attendance issues by coordinating personnel to fill vacant or absent positions and minimizing turnover rates.
• Conducts pre-operational inspection of area, sets up production equipment, and submits maintenance work orders as needed.
• Maintains food and work safety regulations.
• Greets and speaks with personnel to provide cohesive working environment
• Audits product and employee safety throughout shift
• Controls waste by minimizing products sent to inedible and providing sanitary working environment
• Processes post-operational attendance information from Kronos system
• Conducts line meetings monthly or as circumstances dictate to address department issues or concerns
“The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees have, at minimum, the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in advance of their first date of employment. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made.”