JBS USA KINYARWANDA INTERPRETER in Plainwell, Michigan
Position Title: Interpreter (English & Kinyarwanda)
Reports to: Human Resources/Training
Shift/Work Days: 1st Shift
Responsible for listening to, understanding, and translating spoken or written statements from one language to another.
• Facilitate effective communication between two parties that do not speak a similar language by converting one spoken or written language to another.
• Attend meetings and act as official translator to mediate discussion.
• Relay concepts and ideas between languages.
• Convert written materials and conversations from one language into another, such as advertisements, rules, policies and investigation reports.
• Employ computer-assisted translation.
• Facilitate communication for people with limited English proficiency.
• Translate information for applicants during interviews and with hiring paperwork.
• Assist the clinic with the translation of medical information and Safety.
• Serve as backup for all facets of new employee orientation.
• Maintain highest levels of confidentiality.
• Provide immediate assistance to line supervisors.
• Make a strong presence in both fabrication and slaughter operations/floor.
- Other duties as needed and assigned.
• Computer knowledge required.
• Attention to detail required.
• Ability to speak, write, type and translate to and from English/Kinyarwanda
• Personal and professional integrity required.
- Comfortable working in cold/hot temperatures and stand 10-12 hours/ day
Some weekends as necessary
Knowledge in medical terminology preferred.
Trustworthy to handle confidential matters/information