JBS USA JBS Accounting Manager | Salaried | Full Benefits | Bonus Eligible | in Russellville, Arkansas
To be the best in all that we do, completely focused on our business, ensuring the best products and services for customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers, profitability for our shareholders and the opportunity of a better future for all of our team members.
Our foundation & our strength is in our values
DETERMINATION | SIMPLICITY | AVAILABILITY | HUMILITY | SINCERITY |
| DISCIPLINE | OWNERSHIP |
Position Title: Accounting Manager
Job Status: Salaried
Direct Reports: 3-5
Reports Directly to: BU Controller
Nature of Position: Management of Accounting Functions
Location: Russellville AR,
Salary Class: Salaried, Non- Exempt
JBS Live Pork, LLC (“JBS”) seeks an Accounting Manager for Russellville Arkansas. The position involves Management of Accounting Functions for multiple regions and disciplines. The position prepares weekly, monthly, and quarterly operation’s reports. The position managers the payroll function, inventory controls, capital spending, and AP function. The manager participates fully in budgeting and quarterly forecasting, consolidation and variance analysis of financial performance.
· Prepare and analyze weekly, monthly, and quarterly financial and operational reports.
· Deliver accurate, timely, and relevant analysis to the leadership team.
· Review and analyze payroll reports.
· Assist in month end closing process.
· Prepare location annual expense budget.
· Organize annual routine asset audits.
· Manage capital spending processes to ensure timely closing of assets and spending within budgets. Collaborate with location leadership on compliance with capital policies.
· Develop, prepare and analyze capital expenditure reporting. Timely distribution of capital spending reports.
· Develop and improve processes surrounding existing systems
· Be an active participant in functional and technical discussion with the intent of providing answers and suggestions to identified problems, within scope of the duty and across disciplines.
· Develop team members to further their career path.
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree Accounting or Finance
· Detail Oriented
· Strong communication skills including the ability to communicate data reported on across disciplines.
· Very proficient in Microsoft Office, especially MS Excel, and related software.
· Ability to manager and coordinate multiple priorities and meet deadlines
· Travel 3-5 times per year.
· Ability to work with all levels of the organization
· Thorough knowledge of Accounting principles and procedures
· Thorough knowledge of management accounting including variance analysis and root cause analysis
· SAP experience
· Strong critical thinking skills, analysis and decision making skills.
· Delivers results. Able to convert strategy into results.
· Must be able to work independently with little direction/supervision.
· Strong determination to see tasks are completed in timely manner.
· Active participant in functional and technical discussions.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· 2 + years’ experience
· Previous experience in manufacturing and/or live production
· Proven ability to impact operations and effect change without being confrontational.
· Cost Accounting Experience
· Experience with SAP
· General Climate-controlled office environment
· Required to be able to operate all office equipment, sit for long periods of time with extended computer work sessions.
· Temperature at work sites will vary depending upon season and location.
· Exposure to various elements inherent with agriculture production.
· The noise level in the work environment is general to moderate.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
· Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
· Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
· 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule.
· Better Futures Program – Online Classes or select 2 Year Community College tuition paid for you or your dependents!
· Supervisor Development Program: Opportunity to grow your career through leadership training.
The company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. The Immigration Reform and Control ACT requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work