JBS USA LIVE PORK PRODUCTION MANAGER - SOW in Russellville, Arkansas
Working with and managing Field Managers/Farm Managers to improve productivity and reduce cost of production for the region. Analyze production records to identify strengths and weaknesses to develop management practices. Implement management practices and SOP’s for systematic approach to production. Work with Regional Director to develop and forecast on budgeted production numbers. Ensure that SOP’s are known and followed across all of the farms in your region. Assist Farm Managers with staff challenges and questions to build a highly efficient, competitive team with a positive culture.
(Order of essential functions does not indicate importance of function)
Manage direct reports including KPI’s, vacation time, expense management, performance management, training and accountability on SOP’s, etc.
Leverage Data and Analytics. Utilize data driven insights to inform decision making, monitor KPI’s, implement data driven solutions with follow up to drive sow production performance.
Work with analyst for production analysis and forecasting.
Regularly in the field with your Field Managers/farm managers doing farm visits. Focus on troubleshooting and resolution of production issues and contract issues in the following areas: Ventilation, Feed, Water, safety, biosecurity, etc.
Ensure that SOP’s are being followed, including all euthanasia processes.
Lead and participate in team meetings both in person and online.
Responsible for ongoing measurement of key performance metrics and for establishing action for continuous improvement.
Partner with animal welfare, field staff, producers, truckers, and plants as needed.
Responsible for managing processes to ensure that PQA and TQA guidelines are being met or exceeded.
Must understand pig flow at all levels of the system.
Collaborate with Supportive functions to assure highest production and aligned sow phase operations.
Execute and implement strategies to achieve production and economic goals of the company and specific geographic region including production performance, revenue and cost management KPI’s.
Lead high performing team including field managers and farm managers providing guidance, mentorship and opportunities for professional growth.
• Able to act in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a systematic approach to decision making.
• Able to react to a work environment that will change day to day as unexpected things occur in the production system.
• Able to work with people in such a manner to build high morale, create positive energy, and focused commitments to goals and objectives.
• Able to establish and carry out specific courses of action for self and/or groups in an independent manner; willing to commit to long hours of work and personal sacrifice to reach goals.
• Self-motivated and able to organize and prioritize tasks.
• 4-year degree or minimum of 10 years applicable experience required.
• Previous experience in managing a team, including conflict resolution skills
• Previous P&L management experience
• Demonstrated ability to produce results and develop people in commercial production.
• Working knowledge of MS Office including MS Excel
• Excellent communication skills including public speaking and motivating teams.
• Valid driver’s license
• Working knowledge of all the following:
Sow farm management
Swine animal welfare standards
Biosecurity and health management processes and procedures
Safety and Environmental
• Ability to work with all office equipment is required.
• Ability to travel regularly, including overnight as required.
• Animal confinement conditions
• Extended hours are required as needed.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits :
· Benefits : Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
· Paid Time Off : sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
· 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule.
Better Futures Program –Online Classes or select 2 Year Community College tuition paid for you or your dependents!
Supervisor Development Program: Opportunity to grow your career through leadership training.
The company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. The Immigration Reform and Control ACT requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work