JBS USA ASSISTANT SAFETY MANAGER in Tolleson, Arizona
• Maintain, implement and provide counsel on federal and state regulations covering hazardous chemical communication (HazCom), confined space entry, personal protective equipment, Lockout Tag-out, electrical safety, emergency action including Hazmat, fire prevention, industrial hygiene, machine guarding, materials handling and storage, ladders and stairways, welding and cutting, and fall protection.
• Provide guidance and direction in safety programs at the employee/supervisor level.
• Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices in the workplace, conduct and coordinate on-site inspections to audit physical conditions and safe work practices.
• Assist in new employee orientation training and annual safety training.
• Investigate and submit written reports and recommendations on incidents involving health and safety matters.
• Ensure that contractor personnel working on the property are in compliance with company policies and safety requirements.
• Monitor, revise, and implement ongoing updates in safety regulations, laws or reporting requirements.
• Participate in the development of safety guidelines and related health and safety communications and educational information.
• Facilitate ergonomic/safety committees as requested.
• Other duties as assigned.